In this heat it is soooo hard to get your make-up to stay on! I don’t know how many times I have gotten all cute and then had my make-up melt off as soon as I stepped outside. In Texas, we have been in the triple digit numbers for a month straight. Today it is 99 degrees and that is the lowest it has been in forever! So this is my beauty routine on how to get my make-up to stay on in this heat.
My “sweat proof”make-up routine:
- First, I put on my primer. I am currently using Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel as primer.
- Next, I lightly dab on my MAC Studio Finish concealer over any blemishes that I have– I suggest you use VERY light concealer. Then I dab on my preferred concealer for under my eyes, which is Benefit Erase Paste.
- Next I put on a very light coat of my NARS Sheer Matte Foundation. I don’t usually wear powder but if my face is shiny that day then I will put on powder. After putting on my foundation I put on Benefit Posietint Cheek Stain (which can also be used as a very pretty lip stain!)
- The next step is the most important for long last make-up: spray on a light coat of Aubrey Herbal Complexion Mist. This spray will set your foundation, make it long lasting, and keep it from running.
- For my eyes, I prime with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I use Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre on my lids. The 3D Liquid Lustre has a formula that will stay on your eye and not run. It creates a very wet, summer look.
- Last of all, I put on my L’Oréal Liquid Eyeliner and my Maybelline Waterproof Great Lash Mascara. Liquid eyeliner is the best choice of eye liner because it won’t smudge or budge.